DRONE TERRORISM September 26, 2012Posted by wmmbb in Terrorism Issues.
Living with drones in the sky overhead, able to see and hear them, turns out to be as terrible as might be imagined.
As a consequence people in NW Pakistan are taking medication at record levels, and their relations not in the area are equally, if not more, traumatized. To we have to remind ourselves this is war without end, the war of terror.
Lack of empathy is due either to a lack of feeling, or a lack of insight. The information, including a general account of the experience of this terrorism, strategic analysis and a legal analysis of the Stanford/NYU study is provided at Living with Drones. There is also a video:
These attacks, and the consequences for the people who suffer them, are unlikely to be part of the Presidential Debates. Other subjects not up for discussion and review include climate change and social inequality.
- Chris Woods, Surprise: US Drones Kill Civilians, Provoke Hatred (Bureau of Investigative Reporting via Informed Comment)
- Glenn Greenwald, New Stanford/NYU Study documents the civilian terror from Obama’s drones (The Guardian).
- Chris Floyd, Pay in Blood: The Bipartisan Terror Machine Stripped Bare (Empire Burlesque).
- John Knefel, Whatever is left is just pieces of bodies and cloth. . . (Truthout)
- ‘Drones Are All Over My Brain’: How the US Drone War is an Ongoing Nightmare for Pakistanis (dissenter.firedoglake.com
- ‘Drones will push people towards terrorism’ – Imran Khan (sfluxe.com)
- ‘US drone attacks are counter-productive and terrorise civilians’ (telegraph.co.uk)
- U.S. terror drone attack kills 18 in NW Pakistan (sott.net)
- Terrorism by Drone: How U.S. Bombing Makes Pakistani Civilians Endure a Living Hell (alternet.org)
- The Terror Wars – From Nazi V2 Missiles to Terror Drones (amunaor.wordpress.com)
- Study: ‘Counterproductive’ Drone War ‘Terrorizes’ Civilians in Pakistan (news.antiwar.com)
- Video: An eight-year war (pbs.org)
- Smiley and West, Ineffective Drones (Audio – Hot Stuff).
- Drones ‘terrorising’ Pakistan civilians (bigpondnews.com)