DEFENDING ISRAEL May 24, 2012Posted by wmmbb in Israel-Palestine, Peace, Terrorism Issues.
Not only does Israel live in “a very tough neighbourhood”, but then there is the media environment.
They seem to have the wire services and the Washington political-media establishment under control leaving the free ranging Internet. Now it seems that Wikipedia is a suspect source of information, and it has probably been shaped by self-interested sources, including the Israelis sponsored by their government.
Here is a brief insight:
Still we can always rely on some sections of the Israeli press and some bloggers to give us the facts of Palestinian oppression and dispossession.
Where are you from? Russia! “This video taken outside Jericho as Israeli Soldiers Banned Palestinians to drive their cars in the west banks with National flags attached atop of the cars. (12 January 2012)”:
Sometimes questions require honest answers. Such as we are stealing your land and resources, leaving you to drink saline water, as is reported to be the case in Gaza. And so it goes. People lose their moral compass when they become addicted to violence and when others are cast as sub-human. That is no way to live. We might be sad, along with many Israelis, especially those who cannot easily leave.
- Uri Avnery, The Negation of Palestinian State (CounterPunch). The eviction of the indigenous people has always been the aim of Israeli policy. Denial of a Palestinian State has been part of this long term strategy. Attacking Iran is, he argues, a distraction.
- Israel to transfer Palestinian terrorists’ bodies to PA (jta.org). Surprise, so the language is violent.
- Israeli soldiers injured by Palestinian snipers (jta.org)
- Turkey proposes charges against Israeli military (dawn.com). Turkey has now being alienated. It was once friendly towards Israel. If you have nuclear weapons and a nuclear submarine missile capability, supplied from the West while not a signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation. who cares about anybody else?
- Israel to return Palestinian bodies ‘within week’ (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com) – It turns out the bodies of the dead were exhumed.
- Op-Ed Contributor: Not All Israeli Citizens Are Equal (nytimes.com). Serendipity takes on a whole new meaning in the context of Palestinian lives:
I’M a Palestinian who was born in the Israeli town of Lod, and thus I am an Israeli citizen. My wife is not; she is a Palestinian from Nablus in the Israeli-occupied West Bank. Despite our towns being just 30 miles apart, we met almost 6,000 miles away in Massachusetts, where we attended neighboring colleges.
A series of walls, checkpoints, settlements and soldiers fill the 30-mile gap between our hometowns, making it more likely for us to have met on the other side of the planet than in our own backyard.
- Surprise! Palestinians think this is a war. (emilylhauserinmyhead.wordpress.com)
- Who’s Racist? (thedailybeast.com)
- Israel Convicts Palestinian Protest Leader (abcnews.go.com)
- EU ‘concerned’ over conviction of Palestinian (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Netanyahu to Masa Participants: Israel is Your Country (israelnationalnews.com).
- Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu to Young Diaspora Jews: Stand Up for… (prweb.com)
- Hamas leader slams US military aid to Israel (timesofisrael.com). For a change, a non-Israel inspired view of the situation in Palestine.
- Majority of Germans think Israel is “aggressive” (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com). We all should keep the lessons of the Holocaust as a reminder as to where dehumanization, political and media manipulation can lead.
- EU Lawmaker: Israeli-Palestinian Coexistence Begins with Small Steps (dailyalert.org)
- Israeli Companies Win Bids For Gaza Reconstruction (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Israel offered $6 million to Turk raid victims: lawyer (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Kafka Alive And Well In Israeli Prison System (lezgetreal.com)
- Again, Israel Fuel Farm Residents Palestinians (socyberty.com)
- Israeli and Palestinian killed in Gaza border clash (bbc.co.uk)
- #PalHunger | Mahmoud Al Sarsak’s family speaks out on his continuing hunger strike (occupiedpalestine.wordpress.com)
- Choosing Hatred Over Clean Water (commentarymagazine.com)
- Medics: Palestinian hurt by Israeli fire in Gaza (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Israeli airstrikes destroy dairy factory for the fourth time in three years (mondoweiss.net)
- Israel A Country Fenced In: Gaza & Ramallah Borders Exposed 2012 (iranaware.com)
- 60 Palestinians last week displaced by Israel (windowintopalestine.blogspot.com)