BRADLEY MANNING: FAIT ACCOMPLI March 18, 2012Posted by wmmbb in Human Rights, Terrorism Issues.
Manning, the suspected leaker of low level American Government secrets, including the presumed war crimes of the “collateral damage” video, then subject to torture, condemned as guilty by the US President, will now be duly sentenced by a military court.
The process does not stop there. He will be offered a plea bargain. If he offered terms to implicate Julian Assange, so that his trial can go ahead. The terms of the plea bargain will be interesting. Given what he has gone through the likelihood that Manning could reject such embellishments would be very unlikely.
So that is speculation on my part – and what do I know about independent, open and impartial processes of justice?
Kevin Zeese has the quaint idea that Manning is a whistle blower – somebody who identified wrong doing. He is somewhat doubtful about the impartiality of any military court, although presumably Manning may seek refuge in the Constitutional requirements for traitors.
Now it seems Manning is accused of aiding Al Qaeda. Just how they could benefit from the Collateral Damage video, given the recent evidence of murder and mayhem, it is hard to tell? Kevin Gosztola was at the current hearings:
Given other events, information on Manning’s trial, and whatever these hearings might be, seems not easy to come by.
- UN accuses US of cruelty to suspected WikiLeaks source Pte Bradley Manning (nextlevelofnews.com)
- Defense demands charges dismissed against Bradley Manning (rt.com)
- Justice US-style: ‘Obama has already announced Manning is guilty’ – RT (rt.com)
- Bradley Manning Makes First Appearance in Military Court After 19 Months in Jail (inquisitr.com)
- UN Torture Chief Rules Bradley Manning´s Treatment was Cruel & Inhuman (faktensucher.wordpress.com)
- Almost Gone (The Ballad of Bradley Manning) (libyaagainstsuperpowermedia.com)
- Bradley Manning nominated for Nobel Peace Prize. (ephraiyim.wordpress.com)
- Bradley Manning’s quest for justice | Logan Price (guardian.co.uk)
- Whistleblower Bradley Manning Will Face Military Court Martial | Common Dreams (2012indyinfo.com)
- Bradley Manning Supporters Erect Billboard in DC (queerty.com)