JAMES HANSEN ON THE CLIMATE March 12, 2012Posted by wmmbb in Environment, greenhouse emissions, Humankind/Planet Earth.
For TED,James Hansen gives the speech on climate change and his involvement that the fossil fuel industry just wanted to hear.
Now they will put all their resources behind promoting action to reduce carbon emissions to save civilization, such is their motivation and commitment to scientific truth. So why did NASA, during the George W Bush Administration changed the mission statement and attempt to censor James Hansen? The suggestion is made that the difference from the mean of three standard deviations is a measure of an extreme weather event, and apparently recent events have met that criterion.
(via Skeptical Science)
- James Hansen’s Must-See TED Talk: Starting To Reduce CO2 In 10 Years Is Too Late (thinkprogress.org)
- Marlo Lewis: Why Doesn’t Greenpeace Demand a Congressional Probe of James Hansen’s Outside Income? (junkscience.com)
- Top US Climate Scientist, Head of NASA Institute: “What would you do if you knew what I know?” (planetsave.com)
- The Gross Incompetence of Ben Santer & James Hansen: Their Non-Existent Global Warming (usapartisan.com)
- What drives James Hansen on climate change (theenergycollective.com)
- In May 2007, Gavin at Real Climate reviewed Hansen’s projections made during his testimony before Congress in 1988.
- Why I must speak out on climate change: James Hansen at TED2012 (ted.com)
- Climate – Mar 27 (energybulletin.net)
- The Guardian Reveals Key Funder of Global Warming Policy Foundation Is Michael Hintze (desmogblog.com)
James Hansen was part of the AAAS panel: Science Is Not Enough (February 2012):
. . . and so the panel ends.