GLOBAL OVER-POPULATION March 5, 2012Posted by wmmbb in Humankind/Planet Earth.
According to some critics, the earth has exceeded the carrying capacity. The population exceed resources.
Paul Gilder in his address to TED says, “the earth is full” (via War in Context):
The problem is that if we cannot objectively and rationally assess associated with overpopulation, or climate change, then there is no capacity to act coherently and effectively.
Finding another Earth is perhaps not impossible, but getting to it might require travelling at the speed of light for a lifetime, and then it would not be guaranteed. So for the moment, it seems to be true:
- Overpopulation (hed320.wordpress.com)
- TED | Paul Gilding: The Earth is Full (vialogue.wordpress.com)
- Designing For Generosity (oyiabrown.wordpress.com)
- Hot, crowded, and running out of fuel: Earth of 2050 a scary place (arstechnica.com)
- State of the planet: Not so good … (summitcountyvoice.com)
- Climate Change: Close to Tipping Point (solarfeeds.com)
- Issue Conclusion-Overpopulation (hed320.wordpress.com)
- State of the planet (naturenplanet.com)
- The Earth Charter (grandkadolz.wordpress.com)